12-06-2013 09:40 AM
Hi, I purchased this laptop which came with Windows 8.. I received a message on screen saying there were important updates, so I went ahead and updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 .. The problem is that since the update, the wi-fi doesn't work properly. It connects to the moden, and shows there's internet connection, but it doesn't work . I checked the driver, and turns out that is the problem, however when I try to update the driver, there doesn't seem to be one. My wireless is a Realtek RTL adapter, but when I search for it, there isn't one available for Windows 8.1 .
Why would there be an update to 8.1 if they don't have all the drivers ready ? Can anyone help with this ?
I tried restoring but it wouldn't allow it .... I don't want to format the whole thing as I just bought this not too long ago ... Any help would be greatly appreciated !
12-08-2013 09:35 AM - edited 12-08-2013 09:38 AM
The drivers are at
Choose windows 8.1 and scroll down to the "Driver-Network" part.
It may not work, but try to download both the ones you see there.
12-10-2013 01:10 PM
I understand you are looking for Realtek drivers for your HP Pavilion 17-e019dx. Here is a link to the drivers.
Hope it helps.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)