Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Already sent the Bios there :)))) Hope it's gonna be OK.

TY REO !!!

HP Recommended

hey, can you tel me where is the chip from bios on motherboard from hp 6730s

this is the chip witch blue point??1.jpg

HP Recommended
i have bios chip problem in my hp 242G1...how can i solve
HP Recommended
Is this applicable for Home Compaq 2230s business notebook?
HP Recommended

Thank you

For dispelling the myth that this can be solved by a software crack from the web. I have download the service manual from the HP site and found that the tiny 8 pin SOIC chip is not recommended as a user replacement part but there is probably sufficient information in the service manual to allow you to dismantle the 6550b down to where you can access the chip. Your photo is worth a thousand words.

If anyone knows of a service shop in Melbourne Australia which carries out this procedure for a hours labour or if this can be resolved by HP remotely I would be grateful if you could post a reply.

I have access to an electronic workshop with professional desoldering and soldering tools, antistatic mat and wrist band. The HP service manual also suggests you need the following tools, Flat-bladed screwdriver, Phillips P0 screwdriver, Phillips P1 screwdriver, Torx T8 screwdriver. S the chip is still available I may try this but it will be at work rather than a DIY project.

HP Recommended

@mettech1 @kkhrahman_423 @zahid12112 @maxior93 @yoshi_alien

Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

Or download these files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zu4kdgxm052l87d/AAAMi-kfX4AVH8oTCbsOM4X9a?dl=0

Insert clean USB flash drive.

Then run USB Image tool.

Choose the flash drive then click on RESTORE.

After restore remove flash drive.

Insert flash drive into locked laptop and boot. ”If an HDD is installed remove before booting.”

At C:\OUTPUT   type CD..   “Then hit enter”

Type HPBR   “Then hit enter”

First thing is to save your settings.

Select #3 re-program.

Press “S” to save system information.

Type HPBR and hit enter.

Select   “FIRST RUN”

Then select model.

After reboot repeat same as above but this time SELECT “SECOND RUN”

If you cannot boot from USB flash drive use the Image tool to build a HDD.

Then use the drive to boot the program on the locked laptop.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I eventually worked out my BIOS password and was able to update my laptop.It was a long process but I got there in the end.

HP Recommended

Hi, I know this thread is many years old, but is there any chance that you have the files for a Probook 6570b?

Thank You

HP Recommended

@CosmicPacky

Sorry but it will not work for any ProBook or EliteBook that ends with xx70.

Yours is 6570b.

For that model you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Phone >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Chat >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

REO

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.