07-17-2012 11:55 AM
I am using an elitebook 8530w mobile workstation.
I have Widnows XP Professional (32-bit) volume license version. (volume label WXPVOL_EN, which includes no service pack)
First, in any documents offered by HP I cannot find that HP supports only windows xp with special service pack version (or later) for this notebook model.
And I verified that windows xp with service pack 2 or 3, windows vista, windows 7 are installed on my hardware.
An engineer in HP customer center said that above XP, i.e WXPVOL_EN, is installed on my notebook whenever hardware and xp has no problem. I said him a probability about this problem even if the hardware and os are normal, but the engineer denied it.
I tested all that the engineers requested and verified that my xp cd has no problem. But the problem was not be solved.
After some period I called again and she also said original xp is installed on my system. She said there is no report about original xp installation problem concerned with my model.
She said to me that go to local A/S center with my notebook if I cannot solve this problem.
So I went to the local A/S center (in Daejeon, South Korea. I'm living in Korea now).
A strange problem occured.
An engineer in A/S center installed widows xp with service pack 3 and said there is no problem with my hardware. He said also the original xp may not be installed on my system because the xp does not support sata interface.
And he rejected test of original xp installation. (my laptop warrenty does not expire)
(I asked him "Are the eigineers in customer center lied?", but he said it might not.. So I asked him "then are you lying?" but he said "my words are true although I do not know well.")
So I called customer support center again and an engineer said the xp is installed on my system but HP does not support the problem about original xp. He said HP supports what is associtaed with only windows xp service pack 2 or later for my laptop model.
I have some questions.
1. Who says truth?
2. Doesn't original xp support sata really? (This model has 3 sata options: IDE, AHCI, RAID. I have made partition and formatted in original xp setup process. The installation problem on my hardware occurs after the text mode setup process.)
3. Why do HP engineers say differently?
4. Who can believe HP engineers? Who can buy HP products?
07-18-2012 09:33 AM
I don't really understood your whole message...
ButI can tell you that the original CD of Windows XP does not support SATA. I know the XP setup process allows you to load additionnal drivers from a floppy disc at its beginning. You may find many posts dealing with 'installing xp on sata drive' while doing a little query in your favorite search engine.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)