09-17-2012 12:12 PM - edited 09-17-2012 12:18 PM
I'm trying to install FreeBSD or PC-BSD on my laptop but it hangs at the boot stage. The problem is the HDD controller mode in the bios. By default, windows start with AHCI setting but FreeBSD won't. If you try to change it to IDE mode, both of the BSD OS start except Windows 7.
I have already posted my problem in the FreeBSD forum but they didn't found the solution. Here
So is it possible to solve this issue?
Nota: I have an EliteBook 5840w laptop running under windows 7 64 bit and FreeBSD does fully support AHCI mode.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)