03-16-2013 01:06 AM
My laptop(HP pavillion dv6) came with pre installed windows 7.later I upgrade it to windows 8(genuine)during the upgrade offer time .what will happen if I use the hp recovery manager to reset my computer to original factory condition.will the windows 8 remove.
03-17-2013 04:57 AM - last edited on 02-22-2017 02:37 PM by OscarFuentes
Yes, that would remove Windows 8 - a 'Factory Reset' will format the HDD and reinstall the original operating system.
It's important to note that if you're thinking of doing this, running Recovery Manager from the partition on the HDD is unlikely to work after upgrading to Windows 8 - you would need to run it from your set of Recovery Discs.
If you don't have these, you can order a replacement set using the link below.
If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)