07-19-2011 05:53 AM
If your notebook has a recovery partition, reboot the PC and at the HP splash screen, press the F11 key to launch the recovery dialog. Follow the instructions presented.
I recommend you get a set of recovery disks from HP. If you live in the USA or Canada, here is how to get a set for $10:
1. Write down the part number and serial # on the bottom of the computer on the white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 4520s, but the part number will be found on that whtie tag below the serial #.
2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).
3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (4520s).
4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover. You will be charged $10.00.
You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)