Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Accedently uninstalled my wireless adaptor
or connector it started with RALINK but that's all I remember... PLEASE HELP ASAP!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Johnson,

Welcome to HP support forums:)

Nothing else you've to tell us?

What machine is this?

What operating system you're using?

Shed light on the exact model name, product number of your machine.

Straightforward I can suggest you go to your model support page, click softwares & drivers section, indicate your operating system, then download the appropriate Wireless driver listed under network drivers.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Johnson,

Welcome to HP support forums:)

Nothing else you've to tell us?

What machine is this?

What operating system you're using?

Shed light on the exact model name, product number of your machine.

Straightforward I can suggest you go to your model support page, click softwares & drivers section, indicate your operating system, then download the appropriate Wireless driver listed under network drivers.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
Operating system : Microsoft Windows Vista Business / XP Professional downgrade
Model -hp 550 Compaq 6720s (FS335AA)
HP Recommended
Hi,

No Ralink adapter listed in part surfer website for your product number. Either it is an Intel or Broadcom wireless adapter.

You can download specific driver for specific Operating system, from Driver-Network section from here:
Windows XP Pro
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3765010&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=1093

Windows Vista business 32bit
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3765010&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=2096

After downloading wireless driver, you may have to download related Bluetooth driver also. Save them, install it.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

My computer is an ASUS the model is X551C

HP Recommended

It is an HP Stream - it is fairly new and uses Windows.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.