03-24-2013 10:43 PM
I purchased genuine windows 7 from HP service centre on 3rd October 2011...now my system shows 22days left for activation, -- when i try to activate it , the message comes invalid keys....does it mean the service centre gave me pirated windows 7?
03-26-2013 02:21 PM
Hello GiriS. I understand you're having trouble activating your copy of Windows 7.
You should contact Microsoft about this issue. They should be able to activate the installation for you over the phone. This article should be very helpful.
Have a great day.
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
03-26-2013 03:31 PM
I am a Microsoft Refurbisher and Windows 7 has a 30 day activation period after install.
If you used a restore disc you are not asked for key or activation.
I do not think HP gave you a PIRATED copy.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)