Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My notebook  (HP Pavilion dm1z-3000) came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. My system was cluttered with so much junk it was not usable. I attempted to use the HP Recovery feature multiple times but it would always fail. So I decided to format and reinstall Windows. 

I had a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM that I bought for a desktop. Before formatting I used a software key finder to obtain the Windows key from the original Windows 7 installed on my notebook so I could use it to validate the other copy of Windows 7, but I have found I get an Error code 0xC004F063, computer BIOS missing reqd license

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MrN1ce9uy wrote:

My notebook  (HP Pavilion dm1z-3000) came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. My system was cluttered with so much junk it was not usable. I attempted to use the HP Recovery feature multiple times but it would always fail. So I decided to format and reinstall Windows. 

I had a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM that I bought for a desktop. Before formatting I used a software key finder to obtain the Windows key from the original Windows 7 installed on my notebook so I could use it to validate the other copy of Windows 7, but I have found I get an Error code 0xC004F063, computer BIOS missing reqd license

Please help.

Well this would mean you need to order the Official HP recovery media to restore it back to factory.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-dm1-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5032670/mode...

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MrN1ce9uy wrote:

Please help.

Well this would mean you need to order the Official HP recovery media to restore it back to factory.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-dm1-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5032670/mode...

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.