Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m7-n109dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

not sure what this field is for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm not sure what you mean by what this field is for, but this area is for explaining in more detail the nature of your issue.

I can see that HP did not include the USB3 drivers on your notebook's support page, so the most likely reason the USB3 ports aren't working is because you need to install the USB3 driver.

Use the one directly from Intel.  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm not sure what you mean by what this field is for, but this area is for explaining in more detail the nature of your issue.

I can see that HP did not include the USB3 drivers on your notebook's support page, so the most likely reason the USB3 ports aren't working is because you need to install the USB3 driver.

Use the one directly from Intel.  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

HP Recommended

Downloading & installing the USB drivers from Intel fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

Don

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Don.

HP Recommended

I had this problem and you solved it. I ran th e intel wizard and got a couple of more drivers after loading everything on the hp list for this  combination of pc and os.  there six more missing drivers. 

3d video controller

intel real sense camera front f 200

pci simple communications controller

and 3 that are listoed as unknown device

where can i get them?

HP Recommended

I had this problem and you solved it. I ran th e intel wizard and got a couple of more drivers after loading everything on the hp list for this  combination of pc and os.  there six more missing drivers. 

3d video controller

where can i get them?

HP Recommended

3d video controller

where can i get them?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a very simular problem on my HP M7-U109DX. I bought it last week and I upgraded the installed WIN10 Home to WIN10 Pro 64. So far all is working very well!

For my work I use many programs that slow down the machine or requier WIN7 Pro. My plan was to instal WIN7 Pro 64 as a virtual machine, using Oracle. So I bought a new licence for WIN7 and installed it as a virtual machine. Only one problem, WIN7 does not have the drivers for USB3. After a long search I found this post and I downloaded the above mentioned driver from Intel.

When I try to install it, the systems comes with an error; " This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

I checked the requirements in the readme file and my (virtual) machine does meet the requirements. In the WIN7 system setup I can see that the correct proccessor is there and it has 4Gig Memory. I also have more than enough free space on my (virtual) hard disk.

I have disabled the virus scanner on the virtual machine. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Addy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.