Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have reinstall Windows but now finger print doesnt work, audio buttons doesnt work, grafic card drivers and ethernet doesnt work. I would like to have a recovery disc so i can get rhe hole drivers. Or how can i get the hole correct drivers? Thanks for help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This might be easier. Can you install the realtek ethernet driver then connect to the internet with ethernet? Then you can download the HP Support Assistant and it can just choose and download necessary drivers for you.

If we cannot do that then we need to look at the device manager, pick out any device with exclamation point. Right click on it, choose properties/details/then pull down the menu and get hardware ids. With the hardware id for each item we can figure out what it is and match it up to the right driver. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

The whole correct drivers are here for download. We would need the full model number. There are many many different dv6s. 

HP Recommended
Model: dv6-6b70se
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the Windows 7 drivers:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/514...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
I have one more question, from all the driver that shows at the link you gave me, should i start with the ones at "Driver Network" all of them?
and in that case should i use every single of them?
HP Recommended

No you only need one driver for wired ethernet and one driver for wireless. You are going to have to figure out what hardware it is. 

The wired network driver is the very last one...Realtek.

Once you have the wired ethernet installed you will have an item called :Network adapter" and we can walk you through how to figure out what chip it is with device ids. 

HP Recommended
ok, i go for Realtek at the first place? then How do i find what hardware do i have?
HP Recommended

This might be easier. Can you install the realtek ethernet driver then connect to the internet with ethernet? Then you can download the HP Support Assistant and it can just choose and download necessary drivers for you.

If we cannot do that then we need to look at the device manager, pick out any device with exclamation point. Right click on it, choose properties/details/then pull down the menu and get hardware ids. With the hardware id for each item we can figure out what it is and match it up to the right driver. 

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot. Till now It is working fine.
sorry about my english.
HP Recommended
im installing the hp support manager. Lets see what happend.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.