Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6320 notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
My original charger plug & separate DC connected is broken,how else can I charge my device,can I use a USB port to charge ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah ... I understand about forgetting stuff .. which is why I have TWO HP chargers for my laptop.

One that it is plugged in to when it is at home.

A second that is in the laptop carrying case.

That way, I don't have to remember to include the charger because it is always in the case.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

philsam51

If you had a brand new notebook with USB-C port, that MIGHT be possible -- but with the older standard USB ports, no.

HP Recommended
Ok thanks,but if anyone say,left home for a few days without the plug,there's absolutely no other way to charge it,that's a big flaw,I would say,I would think there is some way,what if it was an emergency ?
Like I live,40 mls from a smaller small town & 98mls from the nearest city
HP Recommended

The charger that came with the laptop is the ONLY hardware intended to be used to charge it.

I travel with my HP laptop all the time -- and carry the HP charger in the laptop case.

If you refuse to carry the charger with you, I fail to see why HP should provide a completely different means of charging the PC.

HP Recommended
I meant if anyone happened to forget there charger, wouldn't take much for HP to include an alternative, especially with the prices we pay for quality but not everybody I'd perfect & at times forget things,like myself more with brain injury causing memory issues.
HP Recommended

Yeah ... I understand about forgetting stuff .. which is why I have TWO HP chargers for my laptop.

One that it is plugged in to when it is at home.

A second that is in the laptop carrying case.

That way, I don't have to remember to include the charger because it is always in the case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.