Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everybody,

New poster here. I've seen a LOT of issues with people trying to install the drivers for the BCM20702A0 device. In my case, this is a Bluetooth adapter from Insignia, but it looks like this is common across many devices.

I downloaded the .EXE from Broadcom and it gets hung up while validating Bluetooth device (see image).

Broadcom Installation.PNG

In addition, in Device Manager, the device is listed uner "Other devices" with a yellow exclamation point.

Through another help topic on here, I found a driver download. However, upon running the install, I got an error stating that it could not detect my device.

Can somebody help me solve this?

Thank you in Advance!

Curtis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Curtis:

You are using the Broadcom Widcomm BT driver, correct?

That is the one you need.

You can also try the latest BT driver from a HP notebook PC.

Intel Bluetooth Driver for 7260/3610 WLANsystem

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi, Curtis:

You are using the Broadcom Widcomm BT driver, correct?

That is the one you need.

You can also try the latest BT driver from a HP notebook PC.

Intel Bluetooth Driver for 7260/3610 WLANsystem

HP Recommended

THANK YOU PAUL!!! That driver was exactly what I needed. It looks like I'm up and running now.

Thank you again!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

This download worked great. I had been trying for days to find the correct software and drivers. I am using a HP Compaq CQ70-123US, 64bit Widows 7 professional. I could not get the Insignia BCM20702A0 to recognize the Creative D100 bluetooth speaker. I am so happy. Anyone out there that goes to broadcom for there download and it will not work. Try this one.

HP Recommended

bcm20702a0

HP Recommended

BCM20702A0 Driver? Don't waste your time with fiddling with the device manager. It never works.
I always use a driver installation manager such as this one (not just for  BCM20702A0 Driver)- http://semantic.gs/bcm20702a0_driver_download

It never failed me, and it gets all the drivers besides  BCM20702A0 Driver installed. Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hey @paul_Tikkanen, I'm having the same exact issue for the same exact divice model and manufacturer.  I tried to click your link, but it just directs me to https://support.hp.com/us-en

Can you post a new link please?

HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat!  I'd love to know how to access the driver without being asked to buy something.

HP Recommended

HP Business Notebook xx70/xx75 Window 7 x64

Driver Pack

Windows 7 : 64-bit

796.1 MB

sp58077.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.