Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2570p

Hi there,

I am located in Japan and I require an SMC.bin file for resetting the bios password for an EliteBook 2570p.

I contacted HP support in Japan but the only option they provide is to send the machine and it will cost ~$160 for the repairs.

I raised a support ticket with HP in the US - Case ID is 4654554531 but they said since the machine is not bought in the US they could not help.

Could HP kindly provide me an SMC.bin file so that I can reset the password using the procedure outlined here:

BIOS Password Reset using SMC.bin file

My machine details are:

Product Name: HP EliteBook 2570p
System Board ID: 17DF
Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)
B6E856469117E211B07087E5D9072088
SKU Number: H5M09EP#ABJ
System Configuration ID: A1029D3102
System BIOS Version: 68ISB Ver. F.44
[personal information removed]

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

jc9121

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

I am sorry for the issues you experience. I am not sure about the HP support policy and can't comment but I asked for your case to be escalated and checked by special team inside HP . You might be contacted here in private in the following days.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hello there,

thank you for your response.

I look forward to contact from HP on this issue.

HP Recommended

jc9121

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

I just received my machine back with BIOS unlocked from HP.

I am very very happy with HP support service and very happy to be able to use my 2570p to its full potential.

Thank you HP Support!

:generic::generic::generic::generic:

HP Recommended
I be tried everything possible to get a ANF. bin file. No response from the internet or HP. Gonna have to miss out on work I guess. I'm happy for you. Keep on truckin'.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.