Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Could you please identify the type of HP Envy 15 notebook you have by Model Name or Product Number.

Ex:

Model: Envy 15t-j059nr

P/N: E0K13UA

Would you know the BIOS version that you recieved? Ex: F.36

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi, this is my product number E2U58EA - HP ENVY 15-j000eb

I get the problem when i receive the latest bios update VersionF.36

I think there is a probleme with the sp64655.exe , they give me a black screen

My solution is:

i use 7zip to decompress the sp64655.exe, i replace 01966.s12 & 01966.bin with the same file from sp63040 (the previous version of the bios)

After that i make a usb recovery.

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand.

thanks

HP Recommended

i'm so glad to see i'm not the only one with issues...i just attempted the f.36 bios update last night on my envy 17t-j000 quad and had issues with it not being able to boot correctly after supposed successful flash. i eventually ended up having to reinstall windows with a retail dvd...and HP is sending me free system recovery disks due to the inability to restore my computer for whatever reason. does anyone know why this is happening with this update lately? following is a link to a post i made pertaining to my situation.  

I'm back to running on f.24 at the moment til i figure out what went wrong and how to correct it? could the bios file really be a bad file/download/corrupt?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/BIOS-Update-Issue/td-p/3234351

HP Recommended

My Product name :HP ENVY 15-j048tx & Product Number: F2C52PA#ACJ .

HP Recommended

Hi. I have a hp pavilion g6-20815sa and i need the bin file for the mx25l3205 chip.

The laptop doesn't start and i cant flash the bios using windows flash utility,i'll try to program the chip using a eprom programer.

I found on the hp support the bios rom witch its 5 mb size and the actually rom supposed to be 4mb size.

I think it's because the laptop have two bios memory on the mainboard ,one of them its 8 mb size and and support a 1 mb bin file, probably de 5 mb bin i have programs both chips.

I only need the 4mb bin for the 32mb chip which i know its deleted.

Thank you, and i hope you can help me with the bin file.

Ps. sorry fore my bad english!

HP Recommended
Hey,

How did you do that? I have the same problem, and i can not get into the BIOS. Can you please help me? I tried the esc button and other things to get into the bios.. But my laptop does not respond. My screen is still black..
HP Recommended

Hello tracker27...

I'm sorry for the issue you've run into with your HP Pavillion notebook.

I would recommend flashing the BIOS chip via the HP UEFI update utility.  Flashing with a ROM burner is not recommended, and may void any HP warranty or service agreement.  You can perform a UEFI recovery by creating a BIOS recovery key on a USB Flash drive.

You can download the currrent BIOS SoftPAQ here.  When you run it, chose the option to create a recovery key.  The SoftPAQ will create the key (you may need to reformat the key first).

Once you have the key:

1. Power off the system.
  2. Insert the recovery key directly into a USB port on the laptop.  Do not insert it into a UDB hub, expansion bay, etc.
  3. Power on the system.

The system will try to automatically recover from the recovery files on the attached storage device.  If this automatic recovery is successful, a screen similar to one at the end of this post will be displayed after a few seconds.

If you do not see the BIOS recovery screen:

Power off the system.

While holding down the [Windows] and [B] keys simultaneously, power on the system.

Release the [Windows] and [B] keys a few seconds after powering on.

Again, the system will try to recover from the recovery files on the attached storage device.  If this recovery is successful, a screen similar to one at the end of this post will be displayed after a few seconds.  If the recovery doesn't occur, the system is unrecoverable through UEFI, and you should go through HP support to have the unit serviced.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the Kudos star!

BIOS_recovery.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello people.

I have a 15T-J000 and was the largest Slutty what HP did sending a defective version of the F.36 bios! So much so that after a long list of complaints with mine, withdrew from the official website, however now the damage has already been done!
My ultrabook not care any more, I've done all the procedures with Pendrive, pressing Windows + B, doing ALL that I have read so far, copying the old bios, renaming to. Bin (uppercase, lowercase) and so far nothing! No sign of life!
My Ultrabook is under warranty, however it does not cover Brazil, where I live, and the cost to ship via FEDEX to USA is more expensive fix that I have here would cost me $ 200!

Is there anything more that can be done? Alemdo WIndows + B would have some other way to initialize the screen, it is black (DEAD)!

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Bruno

HP Recommended

I created the HP BIOS Recovery USB before I upgraded mine this time and lucky "unlike with F.35 which bricked my system" this new one did not.

Anyways, download this and put it on a flash drive and follow these instructions exactly. If it doesn't work, then you will have no choice but to ship it in for a motherboard replacement.

1) Download Link - https://mega.co.nz/#!rxg2USKC!cg5H5F5uDI7dCixeWDQRHELxeFRob_futo0CGD14CL4

2) Unzip 

3) (Rename USB Flash Drive to read HP_TOOLS)

4) Copy/Paste the Hewlett-Packard folder onto the Flash Drive and follow these instructions from HP below exactly...

To recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your notebook:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.

3. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key down at the same time while the computer is off.

4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Power button and the Windows and B keys.

The Power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

GOOD LUCK!
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

The same exact thing happened to my HP ENVY 15t-j000 (Rev. 1963) as OP. (Black screen came up while updating BIOS)

I have tried everything I read online, including using v4abrew's files.

I'm starting to think my boot block is corrupted or something, but when I run the sequence with Win+B and the flash drive, the flash drive lights up and starts blink for a while. Then, simultaneous the flash drive light stops as the caps lock light blinks once. And then nothing happens.

If I remember correctly, my HP_TOOLS partition on my computer is on my mSATA cache SSD, so I've tried the procedure with it in, with it out, and with the flash drive in and with the flash drive out. Each time either I get nothing or I get the caps lock light blinking twice every few seconds.

What can I do at this point? Could my boot block really be corrupted? My laptop is still under warranty, but I'd much rather solve this myself if it is possible, so I don't lose time with my laptop.

Thank you guys so much! I have learned a great deal reading through these forums.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.