Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6t 7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's model number is Pavilion dv6t 7000. For some days it was having problem. When I shut down my laptop and turn off the power, next day i find that its not starts. A black screen, caps lock is blicking twice and the f12 button is red(WIFI). Nothigs happen. Then I searched and came to know that its the bios failure. Then I've tried some way and nothings worked. Atlast when I remove the cmos battery set it again after 2 or 1 minute its starts fine. Then againg I turn off the computer and its power next day again the same problem. I was solving this problem by removing the cmos battery and set it again for 4 or 5 days. But today this trick is not working at all. I have tried so many method like (Windows key + B), (Holding down the power button for 1 minute), (UEFI Flash) etc to solve the bios failure problem, nothings worked at all. What is the problem?  Is it really a bios failure? How can solve this? Is it a dangerous problem? Is there any chance that my laptop will be dead? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,
any beep codes or led lights flashing at system startup can indicate a BIOS or hardware fault you say you have tried all the troubleshooting steps

I would like to run hardware check to make sure it's all working please follow the guide below for instructions and report back:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

Testing using UEFI diagnostics and run the quick test

Thanks
James

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi,
any beep codes or led lights flashing at system startup can indicate a BIOS or hardware fault you say you have tried all the troubleshooting steps

I would like to run hardware check to make sure it's all working please follow the guide below for instructions and report back:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

Testing using UEFI diagnostics and run the quick test

Thanks
James

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. You saved my life. But the problem I faced that I could not find the proper UEFI file for my laptop. First I tried sp63065 and SP72460. Nothing worked at all. Then at last I have downloaded sp72497 which was 2.32GB in size.  It worked fine. But the way it worte the new bios image was totally different from this guide http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1. I didnt need to do anything. I just installed that package(sp72497) in my pendrive, pluged it in my laptop, then pressed f2 key rapidly after pressing the power button. Suddenly the screen turned on and a hp page was opened. Then it was started to write the new bios image. Ok,,,, I am happy that problem is solved for now.

But it would be great if you can tell me that why my bios was corrupted. And why sometime bios was fixed automatically when I removed the cmos battery. 8 or 10 days ago I had drained all the charges of my main battery, from that day the problem is started. And at last Thanks a lot again. :OpenSmile: 

HP Recommended
Hi,
Glad your problem has been resolved and you are up and running again. The reason that your BIOS corrupt is a hard question to answer mostly because there could be multiple reasons the simple answer is computer can just be a pain at times

Once again glad your issue is resolved, please feel free to post a new thread again in the future if you have any further issues
James
HP Recommended

The problem has arised again today. Unfortunately I cant find the file in my computer. I also searched the file in internet, but no luck. Can you please give m eth elink of sp72497.exe so that I can download again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.