Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

Background programs

Product Name: HP Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have already gone into the power settings and adjusted the "close the lid" and "turn off display" settings to DO NOTHING, but when I close the lid, apps I have running stop. Then imediately start back when I open my laptop lid. Please help!!

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (20 Views)

Re: Background programs

@ThisGuyJoseph

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you want the computer to be running when the LID is closed as well,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Would it be safe to assume you've got a dual monitor setup to your HP notebook?

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, extend the monitor display to the other monitor and make the external display your "main display" before you close the LID set to do nothing when closed.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation