04-27-2011 11:45 AM
Most times i am able to correctly shut down or hibernate my laptop. Every so often it refuses to shut down. I try to use the Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons method which works most of the time to shut down individual programs.
when all else fails, I pull out the power cord and remove the battery. I then replace both and press the power button which restores it correctly.
Is this the best way to do it? Or do you have any other suggestions to shut down individual program that don't respond or to completely shut down the computer.
04-27-2011 11:50 AM
removing the battery is okay also you can hold in the power button, on mine I pull the battery when it will not shut down
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** .....
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)