Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I know the password but I want to get rid of bios security. How do I do that
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@H-p-user wrote:
The thing is I cannot gain access to the security even though I entered the right password. It is all greyed out expt some texts that is not helpful for me at all

Then I recommend that you use the official channel and contact HP Enterprise support. I say that because you state that you have security which requires a password to enter the BIOS. When in the BIOS you state that you cannot change the password.  That leaves us at a point where only HP Enterprise can help you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Go into BIOS to the Security -> click on Change Password. Type  your old password in the box.

In the next window leaave the box blank and press enter.

Now click on the Save button in the bottom right corner of the window. 

Now you can exit the BIOS.

There should no longer be a password to enter the BIOS.

Next time provide the  complete product name or product number, not the general model series name as you did here. If you would like to have very specific answers, provide specific information.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
The thing is I cannot gain access to the security even though I entered the right password. It is all greyed out expt some texts that is not helpful for me at all
HP Recommended
O and this is the 840 elitebook g1
HP Recommended

@H-p-user wrote:

Then I recommend that you use the official channel and contact HP Enterprise support. I say that because you state that you have security which requires a password to enter the BIOS. When in the BIOS you state that you cannot change the password.  That leaves us at a point where only HP Enterprise can help you.

HP Recommended
Ok thanks for replying good sir
HP Recommended

need help for probbok 450 g2 bios password reseting...i have all proof of purchase but i am not entertained by hp at all every time i establish chat they disconect it without informing and that to after keeping me wait for 15 to 20 minutes.i tried 4 or 5 times once i got to talk with agent he asked for 4 things which i send him right away within an hour but didnt get any email after sending that.....i am stuck with bios password forgotten

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.