Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We tried all of the following:

Windows + B then power button

Power button then Esc numerous times very quickly.

Remove AC adapter and battery, drain residual power, then try.

Load update from another computer to USB, put it in affected laptop and turn on.

F1 and F2 keys, ctrl+alt+del

The end result from all was either a new run of BIOS which froze at the same Clearing Pending Image screen or just a totally blank screen that beeps for a while.

After having spoken to two HP reps and a supervisor, their only suggestion was to wait for them to send us a box, ship the laptop back to them, they wipe out the laptop and put on a new BIOS and ship back.  As this laptop is used for business, we cannot lose the data on the drive so we have to find someone local asap.

I'm still in shock that HP sends out an update that ruins our laptop, then tells us we have to pay to have it fixed.  

HP Recommended

A 2015 notebook should still be in warranty.  The free warranty is 12 months. The systemboard, inclusind the BIOS chip should be covered.

Check your warranty status Here.

The system board on the laptop will probably be replaced by HP.  Doing that is far more efficient than replacing the BIOS chip.

You will need to have someone remove the hard drive and then copy the data to an external storage device that is convenient to you. 

You should consider Enterprise class notebook instead of the consumer variety for your business. Doing that would give you far greater warranty optional choices, including on-site service.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The warranty just expired.  It's a 2014.  The problem with on-site service with HP is that they don't have a local office.  The company I work for has a contract with HP and if something breaks, it can take days before someone comes to look at the equipment.  We may just have to retrieve the data from the drive and go back to a Dell machine.  We only replaced it with HP because it was getting too old and we got a great deal on the HP.  I guess we got what we paid for.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.