Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 14 -d039tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I have laptop with bios : Insydeh20 version 05.03.31F.11, and i want to unhide advanced menu in bios, so what must i do??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gozenx wrote:
I have laptop with bios : Insydeh20 version 05.03.31F.11, and i want to unhide advanced menu in bios, so what must i do??

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible. The advanced menu is hidden by default because users could cause damage to the system. Some older BIOSes could have had it bypassed but newer laptops with EFI won't let you do it. For what reason do you want to get to the menu??

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Gozenx wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible. The advanced menu is hidden by default because users could cause damage to the system. Some older BIOSes could have had it bypassed but newer laptops with EFI won't let you do it. For what reason do you want to get to the menu??

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

For the reason, i want to install windows xp in my laptop and i had to replace Sata to IDE. So as not bluescreen

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm 58 and I have been in IT for 21 years as a Professional. Over those years I have acquired a well rounded knowledge of all things IT from building a Customized Desktops/Servers, Network Installation and Maintenence (LAN & WAN), Software /Hardware Troubleshooting,  Web Development...et cetera.

I am considered an expert in IT Troubleshooter among my IT Peers... as much as one can be... as Tech Development quickly changes in our Industry.  Suffice it to say, It's a constant learning curve.

That said !...

I Troubleshoot and fix (software,hardware) on Desktops, Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cell Phones..et cetera.

I'm working on an HP Pavilion 23-q112 AIO Desktop with Windows 10 Home

I'm interested in accessing Advanced BIOS features to configure an increase allocation of RAM to the integrated video.

How's it done. If you're not interested in providing it here. Please email me at [Personal Information Removed]

or provide a phone # that I can call but, I'd prefer it written.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Thank You

Chris Perron

Famous Quote
"Those that can not remember their history are "condemned" to repeat it!"
George Santayana - circa 1894
----------------------------------------
"Believe you can!, or...Believe you can't! Either way...you are right!"
The operative word being...Believe.
Chris Perron - circa 1991
HP Recommended

@TroubShooter wrote:

Hello,

I'm 58 and I have been in IT for 21 years as a Professional. Over those years I have acquired a well rounded knowledge of all things IT from building a Customized Desktops/Servers, Network Installation and Maintenence (LAN & WAN), Software /Hardware Troubleshooting,  Web Development...et cetera.

I am considered an expert in IT Troubleshooter among my IT Peers... as much as one can be... as Tech Development quickly changes in our Industry.  Suffice it to say, It's a constant learning curve.

That said !...

I Troubleshoot and fix (software,hardware) on Desktops, Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cell Phones..et cetera.

I'm working on an HP Pavilion 23-q112 AIO Desktop with Windows 10 Home

I'm interested in accessing Advanced BIOS features to configure an increase allocation of RAM to the integrated video.

How's it done. If you're not interested in providing it here. Please email me at [Personal Information Removed]

or provide a phone # that I can call but, I'd prefer it written.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Thank You

Chris Perron

Hi Chris,

The allocation is automatically set by the BIOS based by the amount of RAM and it won't be changed no matter what.

HP Recommended

if you really willing to mess up  with your pc you can chose this link, it will take you to your destination bios modd...

:smileyvery-happy:i hope you could accept this as your solution.....:smileyvery-happy::smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.