Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15 4dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Ok so I was downloading something, and got the blue screen. I turned off computer, when I tried to turn it back on nothing happens. The Internet light stays amber, and I hear the fan rev up and down. I have tried hard reset, EVERYTHING but still nothing. Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mesamistake,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Please attempt the below steps:

Let's start by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Connecting an external monitor to test the display

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the system diagnostics test as well as extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more steps, click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @mesamistake,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Please attempt the below steps:

Let's start by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Connecting an external monitor to test the display

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the system diagnostics test as well as extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more steps, click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunatley nothing is happening. The fan is reving, but screen still black and where the amber light should turn white, its still amber

HP Recommended

It still isnt working, doing samething.

HP Recommended

Hi @mesamistake,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue with the screen remains blank. Don't worry as I have a few other suggestions which should help to resolve this concern,

Have you tried to connect this laptop to an external monitor and check if it works. If an image displays on the external monitor, there might be a graphics driver conflict with the notebook LCD display. With the external monitor connected, go to HP Customer Support to download and install the latest graphics and chipset drivers for your specific computer. If there is an updated BIOS version available, use the steps in Updating the BIOS to install it.

If nothing works, I would suggest this could be a hardware issue with the LCD. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.