Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7t-6100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently installed an update of treemaker (a geneology program), since then the system has crashed numerous times and given me a blue screen. I have tried to uninstall the update and the entire program. It now shows the files are gone, but the registry is still there. 

Do I need to reload my entire operating system and start from scratch?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are you getting blue screen or crashes after uninstall?

If no, then no need to restrore factory settings.

HP Recommended

When I was running hte program it would come up with a blue screen and then when I would restart the program, it would give me a message it was improperly shut down. It would not start up, or if it did, I again would get a blue screen. This all started after I installed an update for this program. I first tried to backdate the computer until before the update, it did not help. My daughter, who has mucch more experience than I, tried mutliple things including unistalling the program. She said the folders are all gone, but is still showing up on the registry. She feels it may be a registry error and I need to reload the operating system, etc. My disks are in storage and I can not find them. I found I can purchase then for $40.00, but is that necessary? I really need my computer back. I am working on the proposal for my disertation, and am very dependent on it. I have been backing everything up on disks, so I will not lose anything if I have to start from scratch.

Lynn

HP Recommended
Hi,

In that case,
Tap f11 as soon as you power on laptop, you'll enter HP recovery partition console. Do factory reset from there.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try that

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Let me know how it goes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.