12-05-2013 10:24 AM
I bought last weekend a new Laptop: HP Envy Touchsmart 15-080-ez, OS: Win8 which I updated to 8.1 after 2 days. Since then I have the following problems
Device manager shows exclamation mark for Ralink RT 3290 Bluetooth 01.
I have tried installing the original drivers from HP Recovery Manager and then the latest bluetooth drivers from Ralink
sp64041, sp63555, sp64156... Absolutely no luck. Always getting a bluescreen with automatic restart of the laptop (sometimes even with a lenghty repair session)
My Logitech V 470 bluetooth mouse shows up as active if I go to - System control - Printers/Devices
but without Bluetooth it is of course inactive. If I try "Remove device" nothing happens. It stays there whatever I try. Maybe this is somehow related to the 1sth problem?
I hope you can help me to sort out the problems. HP Support Switzerland found no solution when I called them.
Thanks for your time.
Kind regards from Zurich
12-05-2013 10:38 AM
Please provide the hardware id of the bluetooth device with exclamation mark.
If you need drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the search option of Charms Bar type devmgmt.msc. Select the resulted file in the left pane. This opens Device Manager.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B1
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
12-05-2013 10:43 AM
Here is what I tried and so far it seems to have worked..... I inserted USB thumb drives in all 3 USB ports. once they were all found and active, I clicked remove storage device on each one and removed them. I then restarted my computer and bluetooth is restored and the Unknown USB error is now gone. I don't know if this is a permanent fix but I am happy for now!
12-05-2013 11:25 AM
ello Vidya, I am also having an issue with Bluetooth connection after update windows 8 to windows 8.1. Below are the details of my Bluetooth.
Please suggest me the appropriate drives for this.
12-06-2013 07:12 AM
Thank you for helping. Here is the requested info I found on devmgmt.msc:
Hardware ID for the "Ralink_RT3290_Bluetooth_01" on my HP Envy TS 15 j080ez is
(ps: just curious: why does it say USB ?)
12-08-2013 01:28 PM
Good afternoon, there was a problem, I have a HP Pavilion dv7-6b02er, it was installed windows 7 and everything worked, I installed yesterday and now windows 8 button does not work all the time Wi fi is red, and the keys do not work near as before, please help! Thank you!
12-14-2013 11:38 AM
I have hp probook 450 with win 8 now installed. Also havih issues with bluetooth, tried mediatek drivers tried drivers from hp site so far no luck. Also i tried to downgrade to win 7 but drivers for graphic won't work...
Now i have win 8.1 x64 pro. Every driver now that i want to install goes like this:
run setup, bunch popup window during install and i left opened devce manager window with problematic ralink device.
When setup finishes device reports that"This device is working properly." and few seconds (3 max) i got BSOD with error system thread exception not handled or something like that, and restart.
Any chance for fix???
Thanks in advance
so far losing hope...
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)