Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Laptop is doing the same thing. I ran the test on the hard drive and the memory and it passed. I also tryed F10 and then pushing F9 to restore defaults and it still wont boot. can anyone help me please?

HP Recommended

Hi SnowFright13. What is the model number of your notebook? What version of Windows is installed?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Boot Device Not found.

Please install an os on your hard disc

hard disc(3FO)

F2 system diagnostics

after checking the Hard disc it shows as NOT INSTALLED.

Then I changed my laptop's hard disc..........but the same problem is showiong again.

now the retailer is asking me o change the mother board.......but it costs approximately 20000.

so please help me

HP Recommended

HI ROCK09:

Thank you for you query. I will be pleased to assist you the best I can!

The error you received is usually due to a bad hard drive. However as you have tried a 2nd hard drive and you receive the same error it is most likely the motherboard. You can try restoring the bios and hope for the best. "Restoring the BIOS"  click here. Before you purchase a new motherboard ( if it is not the exact same one) consider that the other hardware must also be compatible  or you will need to upgrade it also.  When you look at the individual prices of the hardware it may be more economical to purchase a new computer.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The Laptop is only about 6 months old and this just happened after it did an update. Not my laptop it is my wifes and she no longer has the install disks for it. What should I be trying to do? Find it hard to believe that after only 6 months it could need a new hard drive? I have tried to reset to default settings and just keep getting the same dead screen. Thanks for any and all help.

HP Recommended

I am getting the same message as of today after an update from Microsoft.

Boot Device Not found. Please install an os on your hard disc. hard disc(3FO). F2 system diagnostics

History of this machine: June 2013 memory increased to 2Gb. December 2013 the hard drive was replaced with an Innolite SATA SSD 250G and I had to reset the BIOS to get it functioning after seeing the same message.

I have run all the HP diagnostic tests and everything comes up good.

I have run the BIOS update, already had the latest but did it anyway in case it was corrupted.

On restart or start it comes up with the error message above. Restart and tapping F10 get me to BIOS setup, I reset the defaults and exit saving changes then Win7 Starter edition boots and all is good UNTIl I shut down and restart.

I'm thinking I need to restore to an earlier time eliminating the latest updates but that seems silly to ignore an update.

So what is suggested at this point?

HP Recommended

I am getting this same error. And I must say that I'm unable to enter the BIOS by pressing F10 or System Diagnostics by pressing F2.

My laptop went to a HP repair centre to fix the broken hinges but now it is not booting up.

Changed the HDD, same error. But the HDD works just fine in another system.

Any one can help me with this?

HP Recommended

:smileysad:Sadly this site doesn't seem to be monitored since there have been no replies since I posted my question.  I hope you get a reply. My netbook is in the same condition it was when I posted. So much for the touted HP support 😞

HP Recommended

Hello, I had to replace my hard drive and then all was well. Hope you get your situation fixed.

HP Recommended
Sorry J_OB, My post was for you. You must replace hard drive. Sorry.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.