Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 2000 D1E88UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi. My computer is not turning on widows. It's say boot device not found. I did default setup it's doesn't work please help me & tell me how to return to my windows.( w 8.1. 64 b
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can you get into diagnostics (F2) or the BIOS (F10) to run a hard drive test? Odds are the hard drive has gone bad. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Can you get into diagnostics (F2) or the BIOS (F10) to run a hard drive test? Odds are the hard drive has gone bad. 

HP Recommended
Yes I did memory test is passed & other is says not installed , I can open f 10 & I did defauld setup
HP Recommended
Again, not solved Yes I did memory test is passed & hard drive is says not installed , I can open f 10 & I did defauld setup
HP Recommended

If hard drive says not installed then it has gone electrically dead and is not seen by the computer. Hard drive needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

I get cannot start up repair  I have tried re store but can't do that . Have recovery disk to go to recover to factory and ill not do that either. I got a new had drive and cannot format it. thougt that ws the problem. It says cannot find boot device Can you help me. either with the old hard drive or new one.

HP Recommended

Where did you get the new hard drive? A new blank hard drive should just work with the HP recovery disks. The recovery disk is Windows 8.1 right? Do you have secure boot enabled in the BIOS? What happens when you boot from the recovery disk and start trying to recover? Exact messages, please.

HP Recommended

Hello,

All of a sudden my screen went black. THen this came up.

BOOT DRIVE NOT FOUND

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0) 

F2 Systen Diagnostics

For more information please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

I am not good at all with computer, I did do a hard  reset a few times, with no luck. THe above messages still comes up. 

Could someone tell me what this means?  My thesis is on here, and I am going to die if I can't get it ...

Please help..

Thank you

Michelle 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.