10-22-2012 10:43 AM
I had the same issue after months of searching, I accidentally came across this solution or workaround - I turned off the wifi on my laptop and WOOF the shift key started to work.
Let me know if the same works for you.
01-13-2013 02:13 AM
My laptop both the shift keys stopped working suddenly,I tried few possibilities like holding shift keys alternately and at a time for few minutes, and along with Ctl key,Alt key, but not solved my problem.Please suggest me.......as soon as possible.
06-15-2013 03:46 PM
I have no idea what I did. But just a minute ago, my shift keys did not work. then I did some combination with ctrl fn shift and alt but i have no idea what cause it was out of frustration.
but if it helps, i believe we somehow did an fn lock. and if you unlock it everything goes back to normal. i think this because normally i have to press f12 to turn off wifi but this time i had to press fn + f12. so if you know how to unlock the fn then that seems to be the problem!
Hope I helped!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)