Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,
When ever I turn on my Laptop after few minutes of my Logging in the Default Internet Browser (No matter which one I declare as default I have Chrome, IE9, Firefox & Safari) it just keep on Opening new windows one after an other again and again

OR

Sometimes it keeps on re-directing/Re-Fresh my current Web page to Home page again and again even i hit Backspace
I have "Windows Security Essential" and "Norton 360" installed and System has been scanned Fully through them no Virus etc has been found.

Its been very annoying please help.

HP Pavilion DVD-3006TX
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have Two security softwares that both use real-time scanning and this can in itself cause problems.  I would suggest uninstalling one of them and then reboot the notebook to see if this helps.  If the problem still occurs, download and install the free versions of MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware on the links below.  These are on-demand scanners only and will not cause a conflict with your main security software.

MBAM

SUPERAntiSpyware

When installed, run full scans with both these utilities.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hello i need help with this because i only have one security software which is norton and i still get them and i get about 80-300 opening up (windows 😎

HP Recommended

I understand your browser continuously opens new windows once it is opened.

Have you scanned the system using the utilities DavidPK suggested?  If so, did the report the system as clean?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your browsers?

Boot into safe mode with networking.  Does it happen in safe mode?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I am having this problem and cannot figure out how to stop it.  HP Pavilion Dv6 6c14nr Notebook.  Windows 7 IE 8 .  It does it in and out of safety mode.   I tried every virus checker I can think of and it still does it.  Microsoft "Fix-its" . Reinstalled the browsers--still does it.  System restore--no luck.  System Factory Default...no luck.   Reformat computer and reinstall from recovery disk...no luck.   The computer is only a year old--too young to replace it.  By the way--it does it on any and all browsers.  Any help is much appreciated. 

HP Recommended

I have Pavilion dv6 W7 64 bit and have same issue. IE keep opening after some time.

Chrome keep refreshing after some time....

Please help.....

HP Recommended

Hello SnowManTech,

I understand that you are having an issue with IE opening after sometime and Chrome refreshing. I would like to be able to assist you with this, but first I would need to know what the full model number of your notebook is. I have included the following document 'Guide to finding your product number'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. 

HP Pavilion Dv6 6c14nr Notebook.  Windows 7 IE 8

HP Recommended
Does yours stop when you unplug the power supply also?
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information. One step that needs to be done is an msconfig on the computer. I have included the following document 'Using Msconfig to troubleshoot conflicts in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8'. Please follow through the steps, and then try running IE 8. Please let me know if you are still getting new windows opening.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.