Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to find the software in my laptop for cd burning. I have tried to just right click and send the files to the drive that has the disk, it goes to write but then fails. I cannot find any software for cd burning. My other pc's had roxio and NTI/CD Maker but this HP Pavillion G6 has nothing like that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

In that case, I would suggest downloading and installing the excellent freeware application ImgBurn.

There are also a whole collection of guides regarding the use of this application Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

Cyberlink DVD Suite is often the utility that is bundled with HP notebooks.  If this does not appear in your All Programs list, can you post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi there, thanks for your reply. The only cyberlink is related to the webcam, it is cberlink youcam.

I have an HP Pavillion G6 which is running windows 7 64bit 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

In that case, I would suggest downloading and installing the excellent freeware application ImgBurn.

There are also a whole collection of guides regarding the use of this application Here.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

DVD Author Plus is the best  free DVD burning software. Download here:
http://www.deskshare.com/dvd-authoring-burning-software.aspx

HP Recommended

That was so good of you, thank you so much...

Kind regards, Lorraine

HP Recommended

Hi Lorraine,

You're welcome and I'm glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem , i can not find any CD/DVD brurning SW on my new LAPTOP, also i can not find cyberlink as well,

»HP Pavilion dv6-6b51ea Entertainment Notebook PC
Serial Number: 2CE1471GC4
Product Number: qg799ea

As all the laptop (dell, lenovo) comes with DVD burning SW i assumed it must be there with HP as well. Why its not there, and i don't think i have paid 600£ for using freeware.

HP Recommended

S.NO:CNF9211LHM

DEV:HP PAVILION DV-6 1152 TX

CD Burner Software is Missing.

HP Recommended

How do I burn a CD

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.