Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK - not sure if this is a long term solution - but this has worked for me for now:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event and find the file SysInfo.exe

Rename the file, in my case I called it SysInfo.exe_kill

Press Ctrl + Alt + S - Voila - the b*tch is dead.

Worth a try for anyone who doesn't care about accessing the System Info.

HP Recommended

thanks for the solution, albeit temporary.  thumbs up 😄

HP Recommended

I have windows 10 and I don't have that directory on my C drive. How can I stop this popup? I use the shortcut all the time with Photoshop!

HP Recommended
For me this worked perfectly and easily:

Go to this address - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP System Event

Change the file "sysinfo.exe"  to  "sysinfoOLD.exe" (or another name)

now using ctrl+alt+S should not bring up System Info.

Worked for me. When I upgraded to windows 10 I had to do it again because the sysinfo.exe file was restored at the upgrade. So I just renemed it again and VOILA! works!

oops.... just noticed someone already had this solution. oh well, this confirms it works I guess..

HP Recommended

This is still not fixed.  HP is very  unhelpful here.  You need to switch this functionality to a less used keystroke, and also allow it to be reassigned.  

Actually you should get rid of it.  It's useless and annoying.

HP Recommended

I just uninstalled everything that has HP in the name, fixed.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue and none of these forums helped! Something about Windows 10 Home Edition maybe, but the file location everyone suggested was nowhere to be found on  my computer.  I'm running an HP Pavilion All-In-One. Here was my solution:

1. trigger the SysInfo screen by using the hotkey

2. Hover over the icon in the start bar to get the proper name of the host application ("HP System Event Utility")

3. Search for it and then open it

4. scroll down to the uninstall option and uninstall.

Did the trick! 

HP Recommended

None of the things that You guys said are working for me. I just bought that computer and Im getting really tired of this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.