Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hey, i just called someone I personally know at HP. He asked me for the serial numbers of the devices i know are affected so that he can check internally if any fix is in the pipeline or not. If not, then he'll escalate the scenario.

I don't know if it is alright to ask for the serial or not. If it's ok with you, then would you mind sharing that info?
HP Recommended

PM'ed you.

HP Recommended

Are you two booting from a flash drive then it crashes at 32%?

HP Recommended

No, I booted into WIndows 10 v1607, mounted the v1703 ISO, then started the upgrade.

HP Recommended

It will also crash on a clean install when configuring hardware. Then it will reboot try again at which point the ethernet should have a yellow exclamation mark.

HP Recommended

But that installs the v1703, right? Bugged driver for ethernet, but the  install goes alright for the rest of the OS?

HP Recommended

Yes. Everything else should work except for the ethernet port. You should also update the audio drivers as there is a poping / snap sound with the driver windows installs when audio played through the speakers when it first starts to play,.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. Including all these in the mail. I hope they have a fix coming soon. The support site will be down from Apr 10th to 12th because they will be updating information. I hope our issue is addressed to there.

HP Recommended

I'm so ready to get home now. It sounds like you can install it with the tpm trick. I'm worried because I could have swore that I already had it disabled but it might have renabled it after bios update.

HP Recommended

Well that was a no for me lol. It got further this time. I walk away and come back and it says that it is restoring the previous version of windows. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.