Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I will try to do a fresh install by booting off of a flash drive and get error 'system pte misuse'. Is anybody else getting this?

I'm being told it will have to be fixed on Microsofts side or HP with a bios update. It is not a driver issue like people are saying cause the hardrive is wiped.

54 REPLIES 54
HP Recommended

Hi, it's me again from Microsoft's forum. I posted the issue too and linked it to your posts here and on MS, just to maximize visibility. My thread is here. You can also try tweeting to HP support @HPSupport. I'll try and avail all the channels I can get to get the news 

HP Recommended

I ran into the same problem on a customer's laptop i've been working on since friday. After spending 48 hours working on this **bleep** this ... I found that has to do with the TPM chip. Disable it in the bios and it will start the install but it will BSOD while updating the realtek gigabit ethernet controller and then it will roll the update back.

You can clean install but the ethernet card won't work.

HP Recommended

Even if you have the drivers for it?

HP Recommended

Yes, it BSOD'ed during the upgrade at 30% and rolled back

It BSODed during the device setup on a new install but upon the second reboot it must have moved on.

Then telling windows to check for a driver update for that device it will BSOD

Installing the Driver from the HP site it will BSOD

Installing the Driver from realtek it will BSOD

Removing the device from the device manager will cause a BSOD the next time it gets to windows and tries to reinstall the device. Upon the second startup it will just have a yellow exclamation mark.

but all works well on the anniversary update.

I feel the only solution will be a new Bios update from HP.

HP Recommended

Installer loads when the TPM is Hidden.

When it is Available to the system but disabled, then it does not work. 

I will try running an upgrade by mouting the ISO.

HP Recommended

Great, let me know what happens. My guess is it will BSOD around 30% and roll back.

HP Recommended

I will try with tpm hidden also in about 8 hours lol.

HP Recommended
It just hit 32% and went on attempting recovering the previous version of Windows.
HP Recommended

Well, I hate to say cool, but cool, at least I / we  know it's not an issue with this single laptop but with the model in general. My guess is at 32% is where it tries to do something with the ethernet driver

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.