Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 g2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Got a free computer to work from home and take care of disabled husband. It's an hp probook 450 g2 with windows 7 pro. Had no password when I got it and I did 129 windows updates that restarted the computer. Now, it wants a password. Went into ALL safe modes (even command prompt) and it wants password. Tried recovery repair option, but that too wants a password for 2 user choices "computer" and some other name. Leaving any passwords Blank and hitting enter don't work. I don't have boot disks or access to anything to make one. I don't even have a USB memory stick. What to I do?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Chrissyh75

Reboot and start tapping F11.

Follow the instructions to reset to factory.

REO

HP Recommended
As I said I can't do recovery without a password it won't let me. I got into the system recovery and it won't let me a password. Also F11 doesn't pull up anything as I saw other people mention and other posts.
HP Recommended
All F11 does is zero nada. I restarted pressed f11 and it just went into the main login screen to windows. Pressed f8 and I hit " repair your computer" then Loads files, A box pops up with system recovery options and asked me to choose the keyboard input method. I chose US and hit next. It then asked me for the username which is pretty filled with either computer as a choice or HomeGroupUser$. and it asked me for a password to either one. Leaving it blank on either user name and hit the enter or OK does nothing but pop up a username or password is incorrect
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.