Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Model: HP ENVY 15T TS j000

I can't boot from USB to install windows, can't refresh, can't reset, too.

Somebody help me, please!

Here is the image when I use ADVANCED STARTUP to refresh my computer:

refreshwin8.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Thiet,

Thank you for your inquiry, I am happy to help!

I grasp that you are unable to do a refresh or a restore, that you get the error message the drive is locked.

I regret you are having this difficulty.

Here are some links to  assist you.

Windows crash - Refresh - Hard drive locked, unlock hard drive ( from answers.microsoft.com)

Drive where windows is installed is locked  ( from tom'sHARDWARE)

Here is a link to assist you with the recovery option. Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

During this process you will receive the opportunity to backup your personal files to prevent data loss.If you have not already done one, I suggest you do it now.   Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 😎

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI Thiet,

Thank you for your inquiry, I am happy to help!

I grasp that you are unable to do a refresh or a restore, that you get the error message the drive is locked.

I regret you are having this difficulty.

Here are some links to  assist you.

Windows crash - Refresh - Hard drive locked, unlock hard drive ( from answers.microsoft.com)

Drive where windows is installed is locked  ( from tom'sHARDWARE)

Here is a link to assist you with the recovery option. Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

During this process you will receive the opportunity to backup your personal files to prevent data loss.If you have not already done one, I suggest you do it now.   Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 😎

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Oh! I was successful!
Thank you so much! :generic:

HP Recommended

I have the same error with windows 10. Tried all these steps but nothing worked. Tried chkdsk and Bootrec commands. It's still locked. Got something to do with BIOS maybe? Does legacy boot affect this? PLease respond ASAP or mail me at [personal information removed]. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @Mehul_CH34

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that you are getting the same error message with your HP ENVY 15T TS j000 , on Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

I do think Legacy Mode effects this. I would recommend trying to turn on Secure Boot, and see what happens. Secure Boot (Windows 10).

If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
I would appreciate anybody who responds to my downfall. My HPbeat is sadly having some complications and restoring as well as turning. I've tried many tactics rebooting, along with other helpful advance repairs recommendations. Possibly have not is rated for about 2 weeks keep telling me to unlock the drive still have been able to unlock the drive greatly appreciate some help thanks for reading and fingers crossed for one to help and save me from going crazy. Lol
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had locked drive and thought that it was dead. I managed to download Windows 8.1 onto a USB drive. After trying most things I decided to do a re-install. This worked although you have to remove the drive partitions once you get to specifying where windows is going to install. Installation proceded to create new partitions and it running great. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.