Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi
I've got an issue with my laptop it doesn't make it throughout the startup process . It looks fine in the beginning but then it crashes and what i see is a blue screen and it says and "issue has occurred. It needs to restart. Restart will be done automatically" and "Unmountable Boot Volume". I've tried looking it up on the internet but haven't yet found a solution after hours of looking for a solution i gave up.
If someone here could help me with this I would really appreciate it.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there @Sharmarke, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation for you to use, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

In the meantime, please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights?

If you do have blinking Caps Lock or Num Lock LED's, how many times does it blink in each interval? 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to do a Hardware Test?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

What are the exact error messages and error codes you are receiving?

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue. Use the information in the Computer Restarts Unexpectedly document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly.

Here is a document called Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7). This specific document is used if the computer stops responding and displays a blue screen.

You said that you are receiving the "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" Blue Screen Error (please take a look at the linked document). Here is the Unmountable Boot Volume error message information from Microsoft. You will notice that both of the documents I found pertaining to this error are associated with Windows XP however, the troubleshooting steps may be helpful. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided.

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking the appropriate post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

Thank you! 

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi
Sorry that im late
I,ve wanted to do a system/hard drive recovery but i can't get to the recovery options. I start the laptop then when it's gonna load I press ESC and then I came to a screen where I can choose between different alternatives then I press F11 (System recovery) after a some seconds the hp logo pops up and under it says "please wait". So I wait I while then the screen becomes completely black so I keep waiting but nothing appears.
My product number is: F4U26EA#UUW
Thank you for your support .
HP Recommended

Hi there @Sharmarke

Thank you for responding! 

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to do a Hardware Test?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

What are the exact error messages and error codes you are receiving?

Have you tried to remove and reseat the memory modules?

If the computer locks up at the HP or Compaq logo screen or the Windows loading screen, try cleaning the computer vents with compressed air and then restart the computer.

HP recommends that all possible troubleshooting steps are done before performing a System Recovery. For information about a System Recovery, see Performing an HP System Recovery.

Please make sure that you backup all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

System Recovery: This option reformats the system drive (usually CSmiley Happy, reinstalls the original operating system, and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software.

Is that what you are looking to do?

Please let me know. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Same problem.

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights?  YES

Have you tried performing a hard reset? YES

Have you tried to do a Hardware Test? YES

Can you boot into Safe Mode? NO

What are the exact error messages and error codes you are receiving? BLUE SCREEN WITH A SAD FACE SAYING TITTLE

Have you tried to remove and reseat the memory modules? YES

help!

HP Recommended

Exact same problem here (but without the blinking lights). Love the suggestion to back up personal files.... can't exactly do that when I can't even get my laptop to boot into safe mode let alone anything else 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.