08-31-2011 04:40 AM
I would like to format my compaq mini back to the factory settings because I want to sell my mini. Can anyone help me in guiding to perform this? I searched the internet on this topic but can't seem to find the solution.
many thanks for your help!
08-31-2011 05:01 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 02:14 PM by OscarFuentes
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to launch Recovery Manager - the option you then need to choose is 'Factory Reset' - a further guide to this can be found on the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
08-31-2011 11:01 PM
Thanks for your reply. I tried F11 but with no success.. Also when I do a search on HP recovery Manager like discribed under the link below, my mini doesn't seem to find it...
Anyway I was able to return to the initial restore point and than I removed all my personal stuff.
Many thanks anyway for your help!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)