04-20-2011 02:27 AM
I am having a HP dv4-1123 us laptop with 4 GB RAM and high processor. I was perfectly using my laptop till yesterday but suddenly it has started running EXTREMELY SLOW. I checked up in task manager. The memory and CPU utilization is going above 80% most of the times. In processes there are multiple processes named svchost.exe which is using high memory. I am not sure what is the problem. Even the booting of the PC takes almost 15 mins.
This has really created lot of problems and I look forward to some solutions for this.
04-20-2011 02:35 AM
do you have any antivirus installed???? run a scan
1. Type system configuration or msconfig in the Start Menu search field
2. Open System Configuration by clicking on the search result or by pressing the Enter key
3. Click on the Startup tab and you will see the programs that are loaded at each Windows startup.
4. Just uncheck the small box from the left side of the programs you want to disable, When you have finished, click Apply. You may disable all programs from startup tab....
Click on services tab, check "hide microsoft services" click on disable all. click OK
5. A new window will appear asking if you want to restart the computer. Choose the option you prefer.
6. After you reboot you will be warned that Windows blocked some start-up programs.
7. In order to remove this warning, click on the icon and then, from the pop-up menu, select Run blocked program and then click on System Configuration Utility. You will see a pop-up window, where you are warned once again that you have changed the way Windows starts. Select the option that says Don't show this message or start System Configuration when Windows starts and then click on OK.
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//
||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
04-20-2011 02:21 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:47 PM by OscarFuentes
Perform the steps, mentioned in the link given below....
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)