Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
@AnindyaAan I would hold your breath mate I have the dv4 3029tx and get a similar thing as you and looks like hp has no intention of resolving this or testing previous laptop models after all consumer preview has been around for a long time with the same issues that we see

In the end we need a bios update and a driver for switchable graphics but that costs hp money to develop

Support cost money and they won't make anymore money from us because there's nothing left to fix in the dv4 win 7 os

I just wish they released an update already I can't use this **bleep** $40 upgrade I brought unless I want to waste it on my 5 year old dual core which does work perfectly with win 8
HP Recommended

@ArtAppreciator wrote:

The content in this tread is for Consumer Notebooks that HP has tested with Windows 8 upgrade. Information may be useful for others, but drivers, applications and/or bios references are related to systems HP has tested and are providing updates for and may not work on other systems.

To determine if your specific system is one of those that HP has tested With Windows 8 and to download the instructions guiding you through an upgrade please go here  and enter your Product Number

There are two types of BIOS updates.

Windows 8 BIOS updates for the most recently shipping Windows 7 systems will support UEFI 2.3.1. Such systems would be capable of supporting Windows 8 features like Secure Boot and GPT drives (these features require a clean install of Windows 8).

Windows 8 BIOS updates for older systems are limited by the BIOS chip size. Such systems will not be capable of supporting Windows 8 features like Secure Boot and GPT drives. It is still recommended to update as they introduce support for the wireless button in Windows 8 and may have other fixes related to issues seen in test.

Windows 8 BIOS updates for products supporting UEFI 2.3.1

{post shortened to prevent clutter, please see original quoted post for full content}

HP Recommended
What about the dv6-6000~dv6-6199 with Intel CPU?
I have a dv6-6166tx and there is no mention of it anywhere, please tell me am I going to get simple BIOS support or not?
HP Recommended

I have the same problem here bro with my dv4-3006tx! Just get a blank screen during the installation of Win 8!

Its really frustrating that the notebook is only a year old and it cannot be upgraded to Win 8! I've also my money on thr $40 upgrade, and unless HP miraculously decides to release the BIOS for the notebook, the money is going down the drain!

Im not going to buy a HP notebook in the future! Lenovo seems to provide much better support to its consumers regarding updates!

HP Recommended

can you please Support the

HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

for windows 8 OS!!!

{word filter evasion}

HP Recommended

just wanted to say right after i got my hp2000 up and running it automatically well the next day did a bios update, don't know if helpful or not but just if anyone needs input

HP Recommended

micbrc, jawad_hassan

dv4 3029tx, dv4-3006tx - These products have not been tested with Windows 8, but if you want to go ahead with Windows 8 anyway then:

- SP59543 (bios F.1B) should resolve the black screen issue

- You could maybe use the drivers from here to install the rest

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

thanks a lot ArtAppreciator :generic:
Applied the BIOS update, and the setup completed without any problem!

Drivers are also working fine, the only downside being that the battery life is relatively reduced now, other than that im loving Win 8! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended
Thanks ArtAppreciator 🙂 that bios update worked perfectly for me.
still downloading the drivers to test those but so far so good.

Really thank you I really appriciate the help I was starting to think I would never get it working lol
HP Recommended

Hello there

if the BIOS supports installation of windows 8, does it also mean it will also support the other windows 8 features like secure boot? how can you tell if your BIOS supports these new windows 8 features(e.g  secure boot)?

although i don't really  like the idea of 'secure boot'

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.