Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently upgraded my CQ60-113EE to Windows 8 [didn't even bother checking if it is compatible with Win 8, but WTH]. Only trouble I'm having is that I still did not install any BIOS and Drivers for this model. Issues I have encoutered so far includes, but not limited to:-

• Sound seems to go on and off. Sometimes I can hear sounds then sometimes I don't.
  • When I watch videos online, it lags. Checked my Memory and it's good.
  • Internet sometimes disconnect.

Are these drivers related?

Here is my laptop's complete info:-

HP Compaq Presario CQ60-113EE

Processor:- Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00 Ghz

RAM:- 2.00 GB

HDD:- 120 GB

Video:- 700MB Dedicated Graphics

HP Support only has drivers up to Windows 7 but I'm already hooked with Windows 8. Please help.

HP Recommended
Drivers are very important for a laptop to function properly.
Please install them asap.

Important drivers include:

Display or graphics driver,
Sound,
WLAN and bluetooth,
LAN etc.
HP Recommended

the wifi orange light does not change to white light after upgrading to windows 8 OS from windows home premium. i am using pavilion dv6-7011tx laptop. this is very frustating as theres no wifi as well as bluetooth connectivity, the wireless button key solution is useless. HP guys plz give us a solution we are waiting over a month. the issue is with the bios update f13. while using it with the previous bios update the button worked fine. 

HP Recommended
You can apply old bios like F.05.
Just goto your laptops driver page and download old bios and install it.
Make sure you connected the charger.

Hope this helps. 🙂
HP Recommended
One more thing I want to share is thag new bios update causes the wifi button to stop working and you can solve it by installing wireless button driver but it indirectly causes bluetooth to stop working completely on win8.

I have G6 2005ax laptop.
HP Recommended

why to go down to the old bios.? dat will cause lap to go slow

cant hp come out with a fresh bios update with the fault corrected..??

HP Recommended

why to go down to the old bios.? dat will cause lap to go slow

cannot hp come out with a fresh bios update with the fault corrected..??

HP Recommended
A new BIOS will probably be released fixing this issue, but until then, the only workaround is to use the older BIOS.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Thanks kyle.
I'm using older bios and is fine.
I want to know what is primary advantage of updating BIOS. Thanks.
HP Recommended

"Windows 8 BIOS updates for older systems are limited by the BIOS chip size. Such systems will not be capable of supporting Windows 8 features like Secure Boot and GPT drives....."

There is something here that I do not understand.  The UEFI bios has a smaller chip footprint, as a lot of what used to be there is now offloaded to the dedicated disk area.  I have a dv7-6cxx, and from looking at the dv7-7xxx uefi bios size, I don't understand why my machine is excluded.  I was especially disappointed that I bought my machine during the "Special Windows 7 to Windows 8 upgrade deal", but my machine does not support all of the features of Windows 8.  What gives HP?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.