Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot for your prompt support,

I have updated to F.29.

However, I have a quick question,
Why the BIOS version F.24 is also listed there under the F.29 download? is F.24 better than F.29?

Thank you
HP Recommended
HP, please, please make an option for those of use who are looking to unlock the numerous bios settings in your product, make an update for "those" who are looking to get the most out of your product. We understand that it may void the warranty but it should be my decision and my responsibility alone. Its common sense when a customer is searching for that option that they should know the risk they are taking. If I'm not able to do what I want to with the product I bought, then I have no choice but to not buy HP products furthermore.
HP Recommended

Hi Maroun84,

I will do my best to explain the different updates. Some products require that you update to the earlier version before going to the latest version. Since you had no issues you are fine. IF you required the earlier version you would have gotten a message asking to update first.

Hope this helps,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have a dv7-6020ev with 8gig ram, amd 6700m graphics card, that i bought less then 2 years ago for over 1300 euro.

No support for even the graphics card in windows 8, wifi, etc.... **bleep**???? YOU ARE A JOKE HP !!

Is this how you value customers? I will personally copy and paste all your rediculous reasons for not supporting people who gave YOU their money for top of the line laptops and pc's on multiple forums online, and make it my lifes commitment to make sure thousands in not millions of online views NEVER buy any  more of your products!!!! You are making a BIGGGGG mistake!!!

HP Recommended

who to update

HP Recommended

Can you provide AMD and Bluetooth drivers for HP Pavilion dv6-6159tx Entertainment Notebook PC which will also support on windows 8.1

HP Recommended

is there Bios Update  Ver. for Envy 17 3d 2nd generation 2090nr ?

HP Recommended
Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx. UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following - Shut down laptop - Remove power cable & battery - Press power switch for 30 sec - Attach power - Power up laptop without battery - Switch on wifi ---it works - Now switch on the laptop with battery HP quick launch describes itself as " Description This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems. " Note : This is the main problem. I have found after seeing the internal working of this driver. It caused the keys to work in its own described way thus overriding the wifi f12 button functionality to change from orange to white or white to orange. After and when restarting : Put the computer to sleep and wake it up to find wifi on. On normal shutdown and booting: Wifi works perfectly. Note to HP: Please check the working of HP Quick Launch Software. I could find its algorithm and functioning and its made to override the default windows 8 key designed for HP. Give me kudos if it works. Give me kudos if it works. And mark it is a Solution. Thank you all for support and help. Rahul
HP Recommended

Is it all or Update for Envy 15 j0039tx is on pending??

HP Recommended

Is it all or Update for Envy 15 j0039tx with i7 processor is on pending??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.