Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hello!

I have this same problem, coprocessor. I upgraded my pavilion dv 6830eg, nvidia geforce 8400M GS. I am not sure if the nforce ndvidia driver will work on it.

thanks

HP Recommended

TY all for the info..

I just went ahead and created my login for here just now... first time here.. so thank you very much for helping me out

HP Recommended

@Romeo5k

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you will visit again for help or to offer your own tips. 🙂

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

hi there still have the coprocessor problem, when i down loaded the link it said the file was corrupted and was not able to unpack..

could the absence of the coprocessor be the reason why i cant connect to my projector? was able to connect before i upgraded to window 7...i have an HP Pavillion dv9000series AMD 64x2

HP Recommended

Go to HP.com and download chipset driver for windows vista, but it works for windows 7 too. I have Hp pavilion dv6000, i installed this driver, it works fine.

If you have anther problems like Base system device driver, download and install card reader for Vista. In short if you have problems try Vista drivers, if the drivers are too old, windows 7 will tell you not to install. My computer is working good now.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Upgrade Guide Here  should help with other drivers needed.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have a HP dv6910us upgraded from Vista Home Premium (32) to Windows 7 Ultimate (64).  Wish I had read your primer first, however, this fixed my coprocessor issue and I backed into the sp modules for the rest of the software I needed.  Thx! 

HP Recommended

many thanks to kudos 1 i have been searching for quite some time for the driver to my f700 now fixed the coprocessor and pc worked great thanks again.

regards duffy1212

HP Recommended

I have HP pavilion tx 1000 I install full Window7 Ultimate successfully all the drivers installed well except 'Coprocessor' .

Please help ! Where can I find the driver ?

Toke

HP Recommended

Try installing the following SoftPaq which has the chipset drivers of the system:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/SP45168​.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.