06-18-2009 10:05 PM
I have a Elitebook 6930p and need to create a DVD boot disk to run a ghost recovery process.
I can boot from the DVD (created a standard win98 boot disk) but my current OAKxxxx does not ecognise the DVD drive in DOS
any pointers to a driver is appreciated
06-19-2009 12:59 PM
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
03-28-2010 02:22 AM
i got the same problem with garyG. did hp have driver support in DOS for this model DVDRAM GT20L? Appreciate if someone could help to provide this driver.
03-28-2010 09:24 AM - edited 03-28-2010 09:32 AM
I use Macrium, which creates it's own boot cd to run recovery. Have used the free and paid version, free does everything the paid version does except paid version has an extra backup app just for files.
Macrium Reflect HERE
Paragon gets good reviews too.It has added feature of creating a bootable usb flash which is handy for those with no cd/dvd drive.
Paragon software HERE
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)