Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

did my compaq presario come with bluetooth installed? if so, how do i find it? if not, how do i get it. i already tried to download one from the internet but when i try to install it it says bluetooth hardware must be switched on to run this setup package. how do i turn it on?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

G57 or CQ57 is a series of many models, what is the model of your machine because some machines have and some machine do not have. Your machine may have 1 of the following options:

• Atheros AR9002WB-1NGB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter BT3.0+HS ready)
  • Ralink 5390GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter
  • Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter
  • Realtek 8188GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you wish to use BT devices you can buy a USB BT dongle such as one of these:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=usb+bluetooth+dongle&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=869&prmd=imvns&source=univ...

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the Presario CQ57 does it have a blurtooth activation or must i buy a dogle as i baught a Microsoft cordless bluetooth mouse and it did not come with a dogle that plugs into the USB port on the laptop.

Please could someone tell me what to do?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Aa mentioned above, your machine may or may not have BT, please check Device Manager to see under "Network Adapters":

bt_dev.png

or please post FULL model of your machine.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
my compaq presario cq57 cant connect to any bluetooth enabled device despite having the driver and all its settings checked and enabled.Pls what could be the problem and possible solution?
HP Recommended
Your computer does not have built-in bluetooth. The drivers are for bluetooth dongles. you need to buy a BT dongle.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.