Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@cmyachtie

Here is a source of ISO image downloads.  This is not supported by HP, so you will have to hunt for the disk you want.

It may or may not work: Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Good Luck

Thanks that is the tool I used but will only provide the retail not the OEM editions of win7

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for that update -- guess they no longer link to the OEM ISOs.

So here is another link -- and it does include OEM ISOs, but again, I don't know if they will work for HP: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/universal_windows_downloader.html

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, will,give that a try tomorrow when I get a chance.

HP Recommended

Final update on this.......after numerous phone calls to both HP and MS attempting to get my new OEM Windows software activated finally was successful getting it done with MS, must have spent a total of 8 hrs on phone, two days ago after talking to MS and appearing to finally make some progress got disconnected so had to start again yesterday as despite having taken my phone number stating they would call me if disconnected they never did.

Several ppl I talked to both from Ms And HP told me I was pretty well SOL and had to pay for a new license.......

i cannot stress enough for everyone to run any key finder utility like produkey or whatever and write/safe your windows key someplace safe other than your PC, as your authentication sticker is NOT the number key they need but instead your internal one, also I have 

been unable to retrieve it from my system image that I thought was my safety net .......!!

Happy to report that my dm1 is fully restored again with a fresh new install of the OS and recovered essentials off my previously saved disk image with help of the disk management utility copied and loaded on the new system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.