Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've problem with my HP. I've bought it with replacing hard disk to SSD and by mistake i reset BIOS settings to default. Now I dont't start it, because it showing problem with hard disk:

http://images78.fotosik.pl/747/8de1d3abe63dbf26.jpg

I try disable Secure Boot, Clear and Load HP Factory keys but still the problem is. SSD drive is unvisible e.g in Linux LiveCD or installation of Windows. OS Win10 on it doen't loading also.

Please help me to start it. Sorry for errors but I'm from Poland.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Had you considered using a USB to SATA cable and the  True Image™ HD software certificate for free data transfer that the disk was delivered with?

I find it difficult to believe that this is a BIOS issue.

I suspect that your SSD is not setup properly.

If you have access to another Windows desktop that has an available SATA port, you can connect the SSD and set it up with the diskpart utility.

If you still have problems with it after trying that, then return it to the vendor and get a Samsung EVO 850 sata SSD. 

Consider yourself lucky that your SSD is not the new NVMe M.2 type. They are not easy for novices to setup and only compatible with the newest types of systemboards and BIOS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Put the original disk back into the notebook.

I wrote a tutorial that was placed  as a sticky that is located at the beginning  of the notebook hardweare section. It  describes how to upgrade to an SSD. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-upgrade-your-notebook-to...

What type of SSD did you buy?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
It is crucial mx200 250gb currently.
HP Recommended

If you boot with a USB Windows 10 installer , go to a command line  and prep the SSD with diskpart commands and set it as a GPT disk, then it should be recognized by the BIOS.

From that point using the usb recovery media should make installing the OS pretty straightforward.

In the notebook Hardware and upgrade section of the forum, I have provided even more options on how to sucessfully achieve the upgrade. 

HP Recommended

Problem is that SSD drive is not avaible in diskpart or windows installer. In diskpart show only my pendrive with OS

diskpart

DSC_0347.JPG

To me it looks as the drive was blocked by BIOS.

HP Recommended

Had you considered using a USB to SATA cable and the  True Image™ HD software certificate for free data transfer that the disk was delivered with?

I find it difficult to believe that this is a BIOS issue.

I suspect that your SSD is not setup properly.

If you have access to another Windows desktop that has an available SATA port, you can connect the SSD and set it up with the diskpart utility.

If you still have problems with it after trying that, then return it to the vendor and get a Samsung EVO 850 sata SSD. 

Consider yourself lucky that your SSD is not the new NVMe M.2 type. They are not easy for novices to setup and only compatible with the newest types of systemboards and BIOS.

HP Recommended

After replacing hard disk to SSD all partition was cloned to new SSD drive and BIOS was configured (settings with keys Clear All Secure Boot Keys and Load HP Factory Default Keys) and it worked good. But now after reset BIOS settings the problem appeared.

Previous HDD probably now is formatted.  He was to be placed in the external pocket to backup different data.

I try also this advice http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1732413/perform-clean-install-windows-activate-build-product-ke... but still is error from first post and SSD is not inaccessible.

HP Recommended

I solved this problem. After resetting BIOS I must write 4 numbers to apply changes. I input it by touch screen but after a lot of attempts I try also by the keyboard and then it accepted. The OS installed on SSD are running.

Thanks for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.