Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook x2 10-p000ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I purchased HP Notebook x2 10-p000ne with windows 10 Home 64bit & 2GB RAM, I want to format it and install windows 10 home 32bit, but I always I fail , I extract win10 32bit ISO to USB flash to boot from it, but the notebook can not let me to boot from usb even if I press F9 after turn on the laptop, even if I run it from windows I fail because the setup file is 32bit .

Please help how I can boot from USB and format my notebook and install fresh windows 10 Home x32

another question:
in 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM with CPU support x64, Which version of windows 10 should I install ? 64bit or 32bit ?

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Based on the following information Microsoft presents at Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements...

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display: 800x600

2GB of RAM is sufficient for the use of Windows 10 64-bit.

Unless you have a specific need to use a 32-bit OS, there isn't any real reason to change the OS.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is the first time after nearly 70 years of my life and around 40 years of my work in IT: there is a person wanted to downgrade from 64 bit to 32 bit Operating system. What is the reason behind this ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Because 2GB RAM and 32 GB ROM (HDD), windows 64bit used more space from HDD, but please you tell me from your experiment what the benefit if I use 64bit on 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM.

Thnak you .

HP Recommended

I contacted with Microsoft support (Chat) and the person who chat with me told me to install x32 after I ask him what version should I install on 2GB RAM.

HP Recommended

Based on the following information Microsoft presents at Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements...

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display: 800x600

2GB of RAM is sufficient for the use of Windows 10 64-bit.

Unless you have a specific need to use a 32-bit OS, there isn't any real reason to change the OS.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

thank you sir ... so no need to install 32bit , also no 32bit HP drivers for my notebook.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Recentlly we bought an HP Z400 workstaion wth Preinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM. Our application is not working in 64bit machine, So want to downgrade to Windows 10 Pro 32 bit. We know it's possiblt to do it, but is it leagal as per Microsoft licensing terms.  ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.