Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ61-412NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all, I'm experiencing issues with fixing my boyfriend's laptop.

My boyfriend has been experiencing great issues with completing his college work on his laptop, so I decided to put the IT skills I have been self-teaching myself over the years to test and downgrade his PC from Windows 7 to Windows XP--because since we are both college students, it is near impossible to afford a new laptop so easily, so it is best to fix the computer we have until we can finally get the cash to pay for a new one.

It seemed like an easy process but I could not manually use an XP boot disc because Windows 7 is newer than XP (of course).

Then I tried to use the nLite program, but the SATA drivers are no longer available or they are under a different name on the Intel website.

I also tried to change the BIOS but there was no option for me to do so when I was in the F10 BIOS screen.

I am out of options with that. Is there any possible way to downgrade? Preferably using nLite? If not, what else can I do?

His laptop model is a Presario CQ61-412NR Notebook laptop running Windows 7 64-bit edition. The processor is an AMD Sempron M120 2.10 GHz and has 1 GB of RAM.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the sata drivers you need to slipstream below.

Since the notebook has an AMD processor and chipset, you need to slipstream the AMD sata drivers, not the Intel ones.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the notebook has an AMD processor and chipset, you need to slipstream the AMD sata drivers, not the Intel ones.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Hello, thank you very much for the drivers!

I am currently doing the drivers. Do I need both the AMD SATA AHCI Controller for both the x64 platform and the x86? Or just the x64? I've never tried this whole program before so I want to make sure I have everything right, hehe.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The drivers I attached are for XP 32 bit only.

If you are installing XP 64 bit, I have attached those drivers below.

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

This is the x32 one because I am going to run a 32-bit Windows XP. Do I select both of these, is what I mean? Sorry I ask so many questions!

HP Recommended

Hi:

You want the second one listed x86 platform.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.