Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion 15-e037cl Notebook this week at Costco for my father.  It came preinstalled with Windows 8, but it is too different for him (he's 88 and is at an age that computers and learning anything new is difficult).  I installed Windows 7 on it, but the HP support site doesn't have drivers for Windows 7 posted.  Using the hardware ID's and Google, I've been able to find all the hardware IDs except:

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7814&SUBSYS_2139103C&REV_01                   AMD 3.0 USB Controller

I found several references on the support site to AMD USB 3.0 packages (including something called the "original USB 3.0" driver, but none of them install properly.  Although I can’t get the driver for the 2 AMD USB 3.0 drives to work, the USB 2.0 drive does.  I believe the chipset is the AMD A6-5200. 

When I try to run various HP packages related to this it always says “Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update.  Update has been cancelled”.  Maybe it is a patch and not a set of drivers.  I was hoping to layout the drivers into a directory and then have device manager search the path. 

I have had it search my entire local drive and also the Internet with no success.  It did actually something - it says "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.  Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.   The system cannot find the file specified."

Any advice would be appreciated.

Peter

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try AMD chipset driver:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I appreciate the quick response.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  Install works fine and the install log indicates the USB filter driver was installed (no mention of AMD 3.0 USB Controller), but I still have a bang on USB controller in Device Manager.  I have also tried manually going through every AMD driver installed locally on my system (select item in DM, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer), but none worked.

HP Recommended

I'd be forever indebted to you if you helped me get the rest of the drivers! This laptop is going to be the death of me!

Thank you in advance!  15-e037cl

HP Recommended

Hello DaMdCow. I understand you are looking for updated drivers. However, to assist you properly, I require the following information:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

The model number is: 15-e037cl and the OS is win 7 64bit.

No aftermarket hardware at all.

The computer came with windows 8 and I installed 7 64. Microsoft office being the only additional software installed.

Thanks for the quick reply!

-DaMdCow

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. It appears that HP does not possess supported drivers for Windows 7, as indicated here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5444715

For further information on why the operating system is not supported, you can reference this HP document: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03791820

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

HP Recommended

I understand. but Peterden said he had found the drivers. I was hoping if he could shed some light on where to get them.

HP Recommended

Could you specify exactly which drivers you are looking for? If you do, I could try to locate them on the manufacturer's website.

Mario

HP Recommended

Try this>>AMD USB 3.0 Driver

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.