Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi, 

I have recently upgraded my notebook to Windows 7 Home Premuim 32bit. I also noticed that HP has not released Windows 7 drivers for this notebook model.

- sp35314 Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.5377 A 

- sp42635 NVIDIA GeForce Series Video Driver 7.15.11.7713 

- sp36917 HP DVB-T TV Tuner External Expresscard Driver 22.0 A 

- sp39425 HP Quick Launch Buttons 6.40.6.1 F 

- sp34746 HP Webcam Driver with Firmware Upgrade for Microsoft Windows Vista 1.00.1.1 A 

- sp35804 Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem Driver 6.12.6.0 B 

- sp34275 Support Software for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology (Microsoft Vista) 6_0 C

- sp38632 WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with AMD Processors) - Microsoft Windows Vista-Based F.1E 

- sp39547 HP Access Control List Update for Microsoft Windows Vista 1.00 B 

- sp37736 Essential System Updates for Microsoft Windows Vista 2.00

- sp35930 Webcam Fast Recording Patch 1.00 A

- sp38202 HP Update and HP Software Update - Critical Security Update 1.00 C

- sp38081 LightScribe Host Software 1.10.19.1 A

- sp34452 Fingerprint Reader Demonstration 1.00 A

in this list there are drivers for Windows Vista as well, but are there any alternatives meant for Windows 7 availble ?

If there are any drivers you think i missed can you also add them to the download list.

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is not supported by HP for Windows 7.

However, most of the Vista drivers should work with Windows 7.

Never flash the BIOS unless you are using a compatible operating system listed in the flash download page.

Failure to follow that guidance will almost assuredly destroy your PC.

You may also want to read through some of these related posts where other forum members have walked down the same path.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=tx1000+Windows+7+drivers

HP Recommended

I don't understand most of what you just said :smileyfrustrated:.

However, The link you provided me with did not help to much as most of them have not been solved and the one that has does not help.

Thanks for your quick reply and im sorry for my lack of understanding

HP Recommended

In addition one of the HP experts told me to install Windows.

Here is the link to the full descussion 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-e-g-Windows-8/Downgrading-from-Windows-7-to-Windows-V... 

HP Recommended

I'm sorry too, because I don't understand what you don't understand.  :Crying:

1. Your notebook is not offically supported by HP for windows 7. 

2. This means that HP will never release Windows 7 drivers for that model.

3. There is no, and there never will be, a Windows 7 based BIOS update for your notebook.

If you use the Vista BIOS update, you may as well toss your notebook in the trash afterward, as it will no longer work.

4. Use whatever Vista drivers you can after you run the Windows Update utility, which will download and install whatever windows 7 drivers may be available for the hardware in your PC.

5. There may be some functionality on your PC when running windows 7 that may not ever work correctly.

I read through the discussion you had with Huffer, who has a vast amount of knowledge about notebooks.

Exactly what is not working right on your notebook that you still need drivers for?

What do you mean by "Drivers for the Screen?"

Video drivers, touch screen drivers....?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. 

I don't know the names, or most of the drivers for the screen.

The ones I know i dont have are the

1 touchscreen

2 the quick key buttons (bottom right hand corner of the screen do not work)

3 i have not tried the webcam yet, however i have seen in other posts that this function does not work.

if there is any other drivers which you know about for the screen i would appreciate it if you could add those aswell.

Thank you

HP Recommended

i have just found out the buttons are called "quick launch buttons"

HP Recommended

in response to what didnt understand, it was the flash bios part

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It does not look like there are any touch screen drivers--even for Vista.

Did you install the graphics driver correctly (Does it show the nvidia 6150 graphics adapter listed when you expand the display section in the device manager)?

The display adapter should be listed as a nVidia GeForce 6150.

If you see a Standard VGA Adapter listed, then the correct video driver is not installed.

I will give you the instructions on how to get the video driver to work with windows 7.

Did you install the Quick Launch Buttons driver for Windows 7?

I do not believe the Vista driver will work for those.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

If you can't get your PC to work the way you want using Windows 7, if you have the product key for Vista, you can make your own Vista installation media by reading the info at the link below starting on page 289.

Hopefully there is a link for the language version you need as I think the product key will only work with the language version of Vista you have.  The author has linked other language versions of the vista downloads also on page 289.

http://philipyip.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/windows-reinstallation-guide-03-03-2013.pdf

I hope you now understand what I mean about using the Vista BIOS update on Windows 7 = Dead PC.  :Crying:

HP Recommended

I do have the NVDIA display you asked. 

I have not found the Quick Launch Buttons Driver.

The reason why i am asking for a touch screen driver is due to this advert i found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P1RarnsrBQ 

It shows the use of touchscreen feature at 3:14

this notebook is also described as a convertable tablet.

Could the touchscreen driver be part of the notebook itself, not the monitor.

if this is possible, the notebook model is tx1215nr

thanks again for your ongoing help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.