Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a dv5-1138nr that orginially came with Vista 64 bit. I recently installed Win 7 prof 64 bit.

I am having an issue with the HP Media remote control that I have. It isn't working, none of the buttons on the remote are working.

I have installed both the Vista 64 and Win 7 64, ENE CIR receiver drivers and have had no luck. I keep getting a conflict between 2 resources: ENE CIR receiver @ I/O Range of 0380-0383 and motherboard resources @ I/O Range of 0380-0387. The automatic settings are grayed out.

I would like to get it working again, I found it to be very useful when watching movies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had the same issue.

To resolve it I downloaded the following file :-

http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/cir/companies/ene_technology/models/cir_receiver/13367.html

Worked great.

Hope that helps you out.

Arron Gilbraith

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
yes i have the same problem.i have the dv7-1170US and am not able to get the enc cir reciever drivers for my remote control to work...i have tried and installed the correct corresponding drivers for windiows 7 x64 and even tried the vista 64 bit and windows 7 32 bit without any luck atld..i see a yellow exclamation mark in device manager also..everything works so sweet excepting that..If anyone come up with a solution please help..thank you
HP Recommended

I had the same issue.

To resolve it I downloaded the following file :-

http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/cir/companies/ene_technology/models/cir_receiver/13367.html

Worked great.

Hope that helps you out.

Arron Gilbraith

HP Recommended
well i tried your suggestion buddy..and no luck with me atold...is there a way to check if the infared on my labtop is actually working?i tried numerous drivers and still i am not able to get it to work plz help..cause i need the remote to make my job more comfortable
HP Recommended

hi i've got a dv4 1280us and i've got the same problem..

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue on my new Pavilion DV6-1340SA

ENE CIR Receiver with Driver 2.7.4.0 dated 07/07/2009 installed (which appears to be the latest driver)

I/O Range conflict - 0380 - 0383 used by Motherboard resources.

As with one of the other posts, "Change Settings" is not available.

This is a clean install on a brand new machine.

Any help much appreciated.

HP Recommended

I know this is an old thread, but I just had this issue as well.  I found updated drivers here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-75589-1

Installing those drivers fixed the conflict issue I was having.  Hope it helps.

Dosage0

HP Recommended

Like the last person said - I realize this is an old thread but in case you are still stuck after trying absolutely everything like I did...After banging my head against the wall for over a month and searching all over the place, I finally solved this issue. In my case I was upgrading my nephew's Pavilion dv6 from Vista x64 to Win 7 x64. Your scenario may be different but I highly suspect the same Win 7 upgrade/ install quirk caused it and this remedy will work for you too:

First, make sure you download and install the latest Win 7 ENE CIR Receiver driver from the HP site for your model (mine was v 2.7.4.0  as of the time of this writing).

Next go into control panel > administrative tools > system configuration. Click the Boot tab, then click Advanced Options. Then check the box that says PCI Lock. What this will do is force Windows to align all of your devices to the system BIOS resource configs and prevent it from dynamically allocating them using its own agenda! Now reboot your computer. Check Device Manager and you should hopefully see every device loaded with no conflicts, especially the ENE CIR Receiver. Your remote control device should now work properly, along with all your other devices.

Lastly, go back into system configuration and uncheck PCI Lock and reboot again. You should now find that Win 7 has recinfigured itself to permanently use the new device resource realignments.

HP Recommended

I am using Win7 X32 that I upgraded from Vista on a dv6 entertainment.  I haven't been able to get either remote to work properly because of the SAME device conflict that everyone in this forum seems to be having.  I have tried different drivers over the last few months of trying to sort this out and the changes recommended by Honor Student, and nothing works.  HP Tech Supt needs to rework a software patch to fix this issue with input from their ENE CIR hardware supplier.  I don't see this going away anytime soon.   I would be willing to bet that the issue arises in thel driver install order when upgrading/installing as it is at this point MB resources are allocated for each piece of hardware.   Once the device conflict is in-place it will take a whale of effort to reallocate the resources to make the ENE CIR function as designed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Arron G!!!

The link you posted worked awesome!!! The unit now responds normally and all features work with Windows 7 x64.

Much Appreciation!!

Jedi

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.